Senior Software Engineer Java | REST | CloudApply now Job ID R62469 Updated date 12/07/2018 Location Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We’re seeking talented, hands-on, engineering leaders to modernize one of the most critical systems in Capital One’s US Card Business. As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Spring Framework/Modules, functional programming, REST, JSON, Databases (relational or NoSQL), Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure, to name a few.
What you’ll do:
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions
• Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, Cloud formation etc.
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
• Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
• Bachelor’s degree or military experience
• At least 3 years of experience in Application Development
• At least 3 years of experience coding in Java
• At least 2 year of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Jersey
• At least 1 year of experience with cloud technologies
• Experience in CI/CD/CT technologies like GitHub, Chef, Artifactory, Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, Atlas, Cucumber
• Experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Spring Framework/Modules, functional programming, REST, JSON, Databases (relational or NoSQL), Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure.
• Experience of automation testing
• Experience with DROOLS
• 4+ years of experience programming in Java Application Development
• 4+ years of experience using RESTFUL APIs, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate
• 2+ years of experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON and database technologies (MySQL, SQL)
• 1+ years experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).