Product Managers are tech-savvy pioneers, with one eye on what’s new and the other on what’s next. Starting with the customer in mind, they develop cutting-edge products that bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. Product Managers are dedicated problem-solvers who leverage big data, agile principles, and human insights to reimagine the way people interact with money – creating experiences that simplify and enhance our customers’ lives.
General DescriptionJob ID: R112711 Updated date 06/10/2021
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact associates’ lives daily, we want you! As part of the US Card organization within Capital One, you'll be responsible for driving radical change with our data and analytics. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering great analytical and data tools that make life easier for our associates. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our business partners across our credit segments, marketing, customer management and fraud.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of big data and making a difference in the way our analysts do their job.
In this role you will:
• Lead a cross-functional team to translate customer needs and technology directions into the Acquisitions datamart. You will be a dynamic product owner familiar with the Agile methodology who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment. You will help define story acceptance criteria, manage and prioritize the team backlog, and contribute to the overall team vision and roadmap.
• Collaborate with internal partners and build an understanding of how they use and interact with data. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
The successful candidate will be able to understand what our analysts are trying to achieve; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, credit program owners, and model developers to build out valuable analytics products. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Benefits start day one for full-time associates and after 90 days for part-time associates. Read more about benefits.
A Look Into Associate Life
Take a look into the life of a product manager to see if it’s the right fit for your career.Watch Video
- Strategic Client Manager, Capital One Shopping Austin, Texas, Richmond, Virginia, McLean, Virginia, Plano, Texas, San Francisco, California, New York, New York, Chicago, Illinois
- Manager, Product Management - Authorizations Platform Chicago, Illinois, McLean, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- Sr. Account Associate - Capital One Shopping Austin, Texas, Richmond, Virginia, McLean, Virginia, Plano, Texas, San Francisco, California, New York, New York, Chicago, Illinois
- Principal Associate, Account Manager - Capital One Shopping Austin, Texas, Richmond, Virginia, McLean, Virginia, Plano, Texas, San Francisco, California, New York, New York, Chicago, Illinois