Manager, Business Analyst
Category Business Analyst
Primary Address Chicago, Illinois
Overview77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, IllinoisManager, Business Analyst
Unlike many other banks and financial services competitors, the Business Manager role at Capital One truly sits at the center of finance, data, product and technology. As a Business Manager within Capital One’s Commercial Bank, you’ll work closely with senior leaders, technologists and partner teams across the enterprise to develop data and technology driven insights to our business's most pressing issues.
What is most notable about this role is the variety of analytical projects and stakeholders you will interact with on a day-to-day basis. The job will constantly involve improving our data quality and collection, enhancing the way we report and visualize this data, and analyzing the data to develop strategic insights and drive financial impact on the business. In addition to the front line business itself, Business Managers will frequently work with Data, Software Engineering, Product, Finance, Credit, and Portfolio Management & Underwriting teams. The insights gained from these projects are highly valued by senior leaders throughout the enterprise. Examples of recent projects include:
Developing recommendations to leadership on whether to enter a new business market and go-to-market strategies
Creating a robust analytical framework for evaluating bank performance in an economic downturn
Analyzing historical market, pricing, and risk trends to guide future strategic priorities
Working with software engineers and product managers to develop a digital tool to evaluate and optimize the profitability of client relationships
Automating data reporting tools and visualizations to better guide Underwriters, Relationship Managers, and senior business leader
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytics & credit risk management
- Leadership: May manage and develop 1-2 analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. Foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Product: Develop and implement new product and pricing strategies for various solutions, including Commercial Lending, Capital Markets, Treasury Management and Deposit Services, and Corporate Credit Cards; lead product level modeling/analytics
- Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Marketing: Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: Technology, Sales, Operations, Finance, Product and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, and profitability
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in financial services
- At least 1 year of experience in consulting
- At least 2 years of experience in people management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
How We Hire
We take finding great coworkers pretty seriously.
Step 1 Apply
It only takes a few minutes to complete our application and assessment.
Step 2 Screen and Schedule
If your application is a good match you’ll hear from one of our recruiters to set up a screening interview.
Step 3 Interview(s)
Now’s your chance to learn about the job, show us who you are, share why you would be a great addition to the team and determine if Capital One is the place for you.
Step 4 Decision
The team will discuss — if it’s a good fit for us and you, we’ll make it official!
How to Pick the Perfect Career Opportunity
Overwhelmed by a tough career choice? Read these tips from Devon Rollins, Senior Director of Cyber Intelligence, to help you accept the right offer with confidence.
Your wellbeing is our priority
Our benefits and total compensation package is designed for the whole person. Caring for both you and your family.
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
You have options and we have the tools to help you decide which health plans best fit your needs.
Save Money, Make Money
Secure your present, plan for your future and reduce expenses along the way.
Time, Family and Advice
Options for your time, opportunities for your family, and advice along the way. It’s time to BeWell.
Here’s how the team fits together. We’re big on growth and knowing who and how coworkers can best support you.
Sr. Manager, Business AnalystChicago, Illinois
Manager, Business Analysis - Credit Risk ManagementChicago, Illinois
Sr. Manager, Business Analysis - Credit Risk ManagementChicago, Illinois
MBA Intern - Business Analysis - Summer 2022McLean, Virginia
You don't have any pinned jobs right now
Want more jobs like this?
Set a Job Alert
Explore Your Options
Build the next generation of digital tools for our customers—we’re always innovating solutions.Explore 505 Jobs
Leverage technology in new and powerful ways to pioneer change, all in the pursuit of changing banking for good.Explore 593 Jobs
When our customers have questions about our products and services, they’ll turn to you.Explore 13 Jobs
Design and create future-forward products on a team of innovators helping to change banking for good.Explore 338 Jobs
Write code and crunch numbers, all in pursuit of developing models that solve problems—and make us a better bank.Explore 74 Jobs
Use your tech skills to stop cyber threats and help make banking safe and secure for our customers.Explore 34 Jobs
Help us tell our story by creating memorable digital experiences for our customers through your creativity and ingenuity.Explore 81 Jobs
Take your place on the front lines, representing our brand, problem solving and building relationships with the customersExplore 193 Jobs
Your outgoing personality and tech-savvy know-how can make all the difference for the customers that visit our cafés.Explore 23 Jobs
Use cutting-edge software, audit methodologies, and data science to help us make great business decisions.Explore 17 Jobs
Use your bold perspective and specialized skills to drive projects and implement financial strategies—challenging the way banking is done.Explore 90 Jobs
Deliver expert advice, superior products and best-in-class service to our commercial partners.Explore 32 Jobs
Your entrepreneurial mindset and expertise leads to one-of-a-kind service for every small business owner you assist.Explore 28 Jobs
Use your expertise and perspective to bring insights to the table so we can grow in the right ways.Explore 185 Jobs
Be on the frontlines of attracting, engaging and retaining top talent that’s helping us change banking for good.Explore 61 Jobs
Marketing and Communications
Help us tell our story, connect with customers and introduce our products and to the world.Explore 14 Jobs
Help us communicate how we’re changing banking for good, and ensure our brand is one of the most recognized in the industry.Explore 36 Jobs
Analyze, develop and test the strategies that pull insights from our data and move us forward.Explore 20 Jobs
Use your strategic and analytical skills to help solve major challenges and make both our business and banking, better.Explore 87 Jobs
Offer simple answers to complex questions, while helping both our team and customers thrive.Explore 82 Jobs
Move our innovations closer to reality by mitigating legal risk with your expertise and ability to advise on strategic business decisions.Explore 16 Jobs