Java Software EngineerApply now Job ID R88730 Updated date 12/05/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. We are a team of full stack engineers with in-depth DevOps expertise. Our programming languages has been Java, Python, and Scala, and we are big fans on building products using Open Source packages (Spring Boot/Batch/Scheduler, Airflow, Spark) and Inner Source Components (Bogie, Quantum, etc). We are also closely aligned with best practices of agile software development such as pair programming, mobbing, test-driven design, trunk development, and frequent and incremental code deliveries.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- Have a portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of SDLC experience using Java technologies
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 1 years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Master's Degree
- 6+ years' experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, RESTFUL APIs, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML
- 3+ years experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON
- 2+ years experience in one of the following Build and CICD technologies: lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or
- 1 Year of Spark experience
- 1 year of experience with configuration management tools lAnsible, Docker or Mesos
At this time, Capital One will NOT sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).