Financial Access EducatorApply now Job ID R76638 Updated date 05/24/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
The Financial Access Educator (FAE) partners with nonprofit organizations to deliver financial capability instruction in the areas of credit, homeownership, small business, savings/budgeting and financial digital literacy. Incorporating behavioral economics and facilitating interactive and robust discussions, FAEs deliver educational seminars and classes and provide one-on-one guided sessions. The FAE’s target audiences are comprised of very low and moderate income adults who are seeking to build their financial resiliency and stability through building and repairing their personal and small business credit, building their savings, improving their money management skills and by learning about digital tools that can help them accomplish these goals.
Successful candidates will have persuasive and compelling presentation and facilitation skills and will demonstrate confidence in their ability to motivate and inspire program participants to modify their behavior and influence outcomes that lead to more financially stable and resilient outcomes. Successful candidates will have excellent EQ and interact productively in a group and on-on-one settings with diverse groups of individuals. Successful candidates will be passionate about opportunities to demystify financial issues, are subject matter experts in the areas of credit, savings and money management and are individuals who can meaningfully connect with diverse audiences.
- Work collaboratively with Community Development Banking team members to identify opportunities to provide financial capability instruction for very low and moderate income individuals
- Lead and facilitate robust educational presentations and seminars in collaboration with nonprofit partners in the areas of:
- Small Business: specifically with participants who are in the early stages of building a business, to understand the interplay between personal and business credit
- Homeownership: specifically with first time homebuyers
- Financial Well-Being: work with consumers to enhance their financial stability through savings and credit
- Encourage very low and moderate income families to save during tax season by supporting partner VITA sites through onsite engagement
- Deliver Capital One’s digital education programs Ready, Set, Bank and Listos, Clic, Avance to a variety of audiences including older adults and Spanish-predominant speakers to help individuals improve their money management skills through availing themselves of digital tools
- Work collaboratively with team members to manage nonprofit relationships
- Lead all logistics related to FAE programming
- The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to travel with own vehicle
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- High school diploma or military experience
- 2 years of experience in facilitating training in a classroom environment
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Fluency in digital financial tools and the ability to understand and learn new digital skills and tools
- Content expertise in banking products and landscape of alternative financial providers
- Technological proficiency to support presentations and use of digital tools
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Experience leading or facilitating financial capacity workshops with low income communities
- Expertise helping low income individuals build their credit, grow their savings and managing their finances
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).