Business Banking Market Sales Exec (Chicago)Apply now Job ID R74050 Updated date 04/28/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you have a passion for leading and mentoring a team of top performing business bankers? If you want to play a crucial role in meeting the needs of Capital One’s Business customers, then we have the role for you! This is an opportunity to champion a customer centric culture within Capital One. In this role, you will motivate your team to cultivate new relationships and maintain strong associations with business clients. You will be responsible for driving sales results for your business segment, while providing superior onsite services and subject matter expertise to your team and clientele.
Capital One has a distinct competitive advantage from being a relatively young bank that can move quickly and challenge the status quo. We’re creative and innovative, not stuck in a rut from decades of doing things the same old way. Bankers have an extraordinary opportunity to help shape the future of a company that is challenging its competitors and moving strategically toward industry leadership. Our flexibility has positioned us as the challenger in the market, and we are poised for tremendous growth. All of these factors have come together at the perfect time to create an unprecedented opportunity for Bankers to develop untapped business among Capital One customers.
Our Business Banking segment serves the banking needs of businesses with $2 million to $20 million in revenue. The Market Sales Exec will lead a team of Business Development Bankers (BDBs) in developing new business and deepening existing relationships to position Capital One as the primary bank for our clients.
- Provide leadership, management, support, direction and guidance to a team of BDBs within a territory in developing new deposit, cash management and credit business while focusing on relationship-building, risk management and client experience.
- Manage performance of individual team members, holding all BDBs accountable for achieving business priorities with a focus on client experience and risk management.
- Manage the area’s revenue and profitability and monitor adherence to credit quality, regulatory requirements and risk protocols; utilize reporting and metrics to monitor team performance, identify trends, and address or escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Coach and develop team on all aspects of managing a portfolio including relationship management, prospecting, profitability, client experience, and risk management; provide expertise to team on loan structuring, pricing and developing customized solutions; help team identify solutions to complex challenges.
- Hold BDBs accountable for understanding the personal financial goals and needs of their business clients.
- Actively recruit and maintain a pipeline of diverse viable candidates; select, hire, develop and retain top quality talent by creating an inclusive and respectful team environment.
- Represent bank in a community leadership capacity such as Chamber of Commerce and local non-profit boards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 7 years of Business Banking experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading a sales team
- Formal Credit Analysis training
- 10+ years of Business Banking experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).