The incumbent is responsible for overseeing an underwriting team for Capital One’s Multifamily platform, specifically for FHA. This role will be responsible for training and overseeing the work product of an Underwriting Team. The incumbent will also perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the Multifamily platform and work directly with originators, the Chief Underwriter and Credit oversight to structure transactions for loan application and approval.
- Fully understands the procedural aspect of underwriting FHA Loans from application to delivery and can accurately detail this out to stakeholders within the deal team
- Navigates deals through the underwriting process
- Correctly identifies all waivers and risks associated with the transactions and provides mitigated recommendation
- Presents ideas for policy and process improvements to their manager
- Higher level external exposure to borrowers, agencies and lender counsel
- Interprets FHA product sheets and underwrites all multifamily transaction types
- Underwrite complex transactions with complicated borrower structures and unique property/market characteristics
- Structure and underwrite credit facilities in a manner which achieves financing goals while staying within the Bank’s risk parameters
- Review underwriter loan approval presentations for Loan Committee approval and/or submit recommendations and/or approve
- Understand and employ all policies and procedures of the Bank and the Line of Business
- Foster an open dialogue and strong working relationships with FHA partners and other internal groups that support and review the line of business
- Remain up-to-date on all bank compliance regulatory policies and procedures and on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting bank compliance
- Partner with Asset Management to proactively manage the loan portfolio to identify and address problems to produce timely loan modifications and risk rating changes, as appropriate
- Mentor and train underwriters and analysts
- Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Multifamily Agency lending
- At least 8 years of experience in Multifamily Agency Lending
- At least 5 years of experience in FHA Multifamily underwriting
- Experience managing a large team
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.