Commercial Real Estate - Director of Agency Loan ServicingApply now Job ID R96823 Updated date 05/21/2020 Location Bethesda, Maryland
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Agency Finance - Multifamily Loan Servicing is a division of the Capital One Commercial Bank, this team supports numerous critical processes and transactions. By cultivating innovative solutions and embracing technology, this team creates an unforgettable and unparalleled experience for our associates and customers. One of the most impactful groups in the Loan Servicing team is the Loan Operations team.
The team supports a total loan portfolio of approx. $40BN and provides ongoing support for the life of the loan. The organization focuses on delivering scale and efficiency, mitigating operational risk, providing a smooth customer experience and enabling talented associates to excel. The team is currently growing and searching for a Loan Operations Director.
- Lead a team of 10+ associates focusing on loan operations/accounting, cash and account reconciliations
- Maintain & encourage positive relationship/partnership with the GSEs, HUD and Ginnie Mae
- Collaborate across the Agency Finance platform to provide consistent excellence in customer service
- Provide strong leadership within the Loan Servicing Department; support and develop associates
- Collaborate with technology, accounting & project management to consistently look to expand efficiencies and automation
- Actively participate and lead technology upgrade projects as/when necessary
- Manage Loan Operations team ensuring loans are set up properly in the System of Record with accurate loan accounting
- Manage Cash team, ensuring timely and accurate payment posting, check generation and wire processing; reporting payment status reports
- Manage teams for ACH set-up and coordination with borrowers
- Oversee daily transactions processing; serve as a subject matter expert on cash transactions and accounts
- Oversee Agency revenue file; oversee/coordinate AP process for deal related invoices
- Manage reconciliation team, ensuring hundreds of monthly account reconciliations are done properly and timely
- Oversee annual and additional periodic financial reporting to GSEs, HUD/Ginnie Mae and Master Servicers to ensure compliance
- Serve as a point of contact for Financial and Compliance requirements related to on-going eligibility requirements
- Manage/coordination of GSE audits, assembling/reviewing data & documentation
- Monitor Errors and Omissions and Fidelity Bond Coverage; with Capital One Insurance teams to maintain adequate coverage
- Maintain/update policies and procedures and enhanced controls to comply with Reg AB criteria, mitigating operational risk
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 7 years Commercial Bank Operations experience
- At least 10 years Commercial Bank Operations experience
- Master's Degree
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).