At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One DevOps Engineer, you’ll work with passionate, top-notch people to deliver
software and infrastructure in a data-driven and customer-first environment.
Are you a hands-on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its complex engineering or data challenges? Do you want to be empowered to influence the technology choices to get the job done? Are you the disruptor that pushes the envelope through innovation and new ideas, questioning the why and considering the what if? We want to speak with you. Check out the roles, responsibilities and apply today!
● Architect, deploy and support performance production software on cloud server infrastructure
● Assist in the management of Wikibuy's infrastructure
● Modify, build, and rebuild infrastructure
● Collaborate with product managers and web developers to prioritize and plan initiatives
● Provide oversight and mentorship to junior engineers on software engineering
techniques and technology
● Coordinate and scale the evolving cloud based solutions with product development teams both internal and external to Capital One
What would you expect to work on here: AWS (EC2, RDS, Redshift, CloudFormation), Python, Node.js, Cassandra, Postgres, Elasticsearch, FoundationDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Docker, Marathon, Mesos, Consul, Jenkins, Packer, Ansible, Spark, Datadog, Kibana
- Bachelors degree
- At least 4 years of experience in DevOps Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform)
- At least 2 years of Linux system administration experience
- At least 1 years of experience with Ansible
- Masters degree
- 4+ years of DevOps Engineering experience
- 2+ years of Python scripting experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with agile teams
- Experience with technologies like Apache Mesos, Marathon, or Apache Spark
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, etc.
- Experience with modern relational databases like Postgres, MySQL, and Redshift
- Experience with distributed database systems such as Cassandra and ElasticSearch
- Experience with deploying clustered web services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).