Our team loves building scalable systems, designing intuitive user interfaces, Natural Language Processing, Machine learning, efficient algorithms and shipping things fast.
- You are an experienced full stack engineer who enjoys both leading projects and being an individual contributor / technical expert
- You prefer an intense, energetic environment and working with passionate, top-notch people
- You execute well with a high degree of individual ownership, but are also adept working as part of a team
- You are comfortable balancing the competing demands of rapid iteration and system reliability, scalability, and performance
- You love working in a data-driven and customer-first environment
- You’re on top of new developments in the open source community
- Work with product owners to understand desired initiatives and implement application capabilities
- Contribute to the web platform, codebase and developer experience that supports capitaloneshopping.com and other internal tools
- Shape and continuously improve software engineering practices
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 6 years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 1 year of experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
- At least 1 year of experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- 8+ years of experience developing web applications
- Experience developing cloud native services
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, etc.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.