Senior Associate - Labs Business AnalysisApply now Job ID R60640 Updated date 11/14/2018 Location Arlington, Virginia; Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Business Analyst will work collaboratively with direct and extended team members in developing and executing against analysis plans in support of Capital One Labs group. If you’re excited to join this high-performing team and ready to take on the challenge, here’s what you’ll do:
Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
Serve on the front line of the team’s market research efforts, helping to identify and evaluate new business models at the frontier of digital commerce, payments, and identity
Partner with our Labs teams to develop and assess proprietary strategies that will make Capital One a leader in e-commerce
Assist in developing recommendations on product and business viability to aid senior management decision-making
Assist in communicating findings to senior management and the broader organization, influencing upwards and laterally to drive alignment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- Master’s Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- CFA, SQL, SAS, FRM certifications
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building, market research, SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis in a corporate setting
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
- Management consulting or market research
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (including email, PowerPoint, and Google Slides)
- Working with large data sets or databases (e.g. SQL, Teradata, Redshift, Hadoop, Snowflake, etc.)
- Proficient in analysis tools
- Strategy and innovation in technology and/or financial services
- Best-in-class analytical capabilities: top-notch quantitative, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize, thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- High motivation and self-direction, taking personal ownership for results and professional development
At this time, Capital One will sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).