Full time Work at Home Senior Fraud Intake RepresentativeApply now Job ID R58711 Updated date 10/15/2018 Location Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you looking for a challenging role that includes the convenience of working virtually at home? Are you a reliable, “Do the right thing”,
highly self-motivated individual? Do you genuinely care about helping customers? Then a Capital One Virtual Servicing role may be the role for you!
These exciting Virtual Servicing positions allow agents to work from the convenience of their own home while offering the opportunity to be part of a high quality servicing environment that is looking to make the customer experience simple, yet effective. The desire to minimize customer effort while showing a high level of passion and energy when problem solving on behalf of the customer will be essential. You will also be asked to assure speedy resolution of issues by using well defined critical thinking skills.
Associates will be responsible for primarily fielding inbound calls, answering questions, providing an unmatched customer experience, and handling
customer concerns through one call resolution with a focus on protecting our customers from potential fraudulent activities on their account. Associates will also utilize a variety of systems and tools to efficiently analyze and service the needs of the customer and will inform and educate customers to help them make well-informed decisions essential to utilizing their credit card in this ever growing digital world. In addition, listening skills are critical such that effective use of information that is “heard” is fully leveraged.
This role is responsible for complex research and analysis of account activity to assess levels of risk. The successful candidate will take appropriate corrective action through customer contact to verify legitimate usage. He/she will also provide reviews and analysis of risky or exceptional conditions with the goal of helping protect our customers from fraudulent activities on their account.
Success in this role require the following:
- The ability for you to be a passionate customer service advocate with past experiences for you to draw upon
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skils in a virtual environment
- Capable of working through changes and challenges by problem solving to achieve the desired result
- Possess Strong decision making ability and pay close attention to detail
- High level of autonomy and ethical self-management in a highly audited setting
- Willingness and acceptance to be nimble when servicing customers
- Excellent grammar, verbal, and vocal skills
- Exceptional listening, questioning and call control techniques
- Knowledge of digital servicing
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- 2+ years customer service experience in financial services or at least 2 years customer service experience in credit card services
- 2+ years fraud experience
- W@H experience and/or HVSS/FDO experience
Virtual Servicing Associate (Work at Home) Additional Expectations:
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- Candidates must reside in the state of the Hub site (Knolls) 4881 Cox Road, Glen Allen, VA
- Candidates must live no more than 100 miles from the Hub site, preferably 75 miles or less
- Training for this role is 6 weeks and mostly done from the convenience of your home, virtually, on a set schedule that will be defined before start of role
- It is mandatory that you attend the scheduled 6 weeks of training (M-F 8AM-5PM ) to be properly prepared to help our customers
- The ability to come on site to one of our offices is mandatory when required during training or once in production
- This role requires a home office environment that is free from background noise, distractions and any activities that could potentially interrupt focus on servicing our customers
- Ability to sit in front of a PC monitor for extended periods of time
- A high-speed broadband internet service provider is required in the home office space
- No dial up or Satellite internet service providers permitted
- A hardwired internet connection is required upon start to perform the duties of this job
- The Internet service provider speed/bandwidth must be 3 megabytes per second or higher (minimum required). Please contact your internet service provider for confirmation
- Please check your internet service provider speed/bandwidth here, http://www.speedtest.net/
- The internet connection can only be used for Capital One purposes during your schedule
- Our ideal candidate should have strong, independent, problem solving skills and should be able troubleshoot technical issues
- The virtual servicing department operating hours are 8am – 12am (7 days a week)
- The official production schedule that a new employee accepts is based on business need and will be the expected schedule worked unless business needs change in the future
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).