HR Director, Campus Development and Rotation ProgramsApply now Job ID R37418 Updated date 11/02/2017 Location Vienna, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As Talent Development, we create learning strategies to foster a culture of curiosity and enable our newest associates to succeed. We are seeking a leader who will be responsible for the design and continuous improvement of our campus rotation and intern programs across the Analyst, Finance and HR job families. These programs have high visibility with our lines of business, impact our external talent brand, and are one of our main sources for campus-hire talent.
The person who leads this small and valuable team is responsible for developing strong relationships with business partners and COF leaders to define strategic intent for these programs. We have a relentless focus on innovation, program impact and execution to create better experiences for our customers. You will lead a group of highly skilled and passionate professionals and will have the unique opportunity to champion, innovate, and refine the impacts of development programs throughout the organization.
In this role you will:
- Be an influencer and uniter. You will bring people from all over the company (from our most senior executives to our newest hires) together for a common goal and you will inspire people to want to travel with you on this journey.
- Have an analytic and innovative mindset. You’re hyper-focused on what the company needs to continue to be successful as well as what competitors are doing to attract top talent. Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making. Steer the team to ensure we have the right data and tell a story around campus program impact.
- Know your customer. Understand what is happening in the business and benchmark externally to create best-in-class development programs and build talent for Capital One success.
- Be a powerful partner. Both with the larger Enterprise Learning team and other campus program owners to ensure a cohesive experience in context of other initiatives. Consult and advise senior business leaders program and development strategies to enable game-changing business results.
- Thrive on the energy. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial group with heart that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, challenges the status quo and inspires personal growth.
- Obsessed with execution and NPS. Leads a team in creating exciting and engaging experiences for our associates and delivered flawlessly.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong people leadership skills
- Blend of strategic thinking, creativity and analytic reasoning
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Ability to navigate complex organizational dynamics and influence leaders on program direction and outcomes
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Lead a team in developing innovative training and development solutions
- Influence the development and implementation of learning initiatives in support of key business priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to prioritize large-scale efforts and effectively allocate resources
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in people management
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources OR Product Management
- At least 3 years of program management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Education, Human Resources, Instructional Design, Learning and Development or Organizational Design/Effectiveness
- 5+ years’ experience in HR or Product Management
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- 3+ years of experience in client consulting
- Exposure to analysts and digital product roles
- Curiosity and a growth mindset
- Passion for learning and helping others learn
- Experience in learning and development
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).