Marketing Manager, ParibusApply now Job ID R15043 Date posted 11/29/2016 Locations New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One acquired Paribus, a digital servicing company that leads in automating price protection guarantees in October 2016. As technology start-up based in New York, Paribus helps online shoppers save time with an automated service that gets money back when prices drop on previously purchased items. Capital One and Paribus share the unique goal to improve people’s lives through simple and straightforward digital tools.
Launched in 2015, Paribus’ idea was to automate the process of following up on past purchases to see if shoppers could request a refund from the online retailer. Many retailers offer post-purchase price matches, but most consumers don’t bother to watch the prices fluctuate after they complete the checkout process.
Paribus instead integrates with your email provider – like Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo, for example – in order to scan your inbox for receipts of online purchases. When it finds one, it will then watch the item for a price drop within the store’s price match claim window. The service works with a number of online retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Bonobos, J.Crew, NewEgg, Costco, Staples, Kohl’s, and many others.
As a Marketing Manager for Paribus, you will be responsible for strategic decision making and execution for Paribus. The role is a mix of core brand strategy development, product work, media buying, marketing analytics and optimization. An ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating marketing and user level data to inform and execute marketing strategy while operating with tremendous empowerment and autonomy. This role will report to the COO of Paribus.
- Leading marketing campaigns from concept to launch including strategy development, collaborating with partners including creative and legal team on brand and compliance guidelines, communicating with and getting buy in from internal stakeholders and pushing creative to the finish line.
- Manage all marketing reporting including funnel analysis, new user and cohort reporting, engagement metrics and emails campaigns.
- Partner with product and engineering associates to optimize landing pages and onboarding funnels to achieve acquisition and onboarding goals
- Negotiate all media buying, partnerships and affiliate agreements
- Collaborate with design and product to develop brand and content strategies
- Select and manage any external vendors and agencies for growth and marketing
- Build and lead a team of marketing analyst associates
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Strong analytical, project management, marketing and creative skills
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence decision makers
- Ability to make strategically bold marketing strategy decisions in a disciplined, fact-based manner using metric
- Proven ability to work independently and demonstrate intellectual rigor
- Ability to deliver compelling partner presentations
- Experience leading digital marketing and brand strategy efforts in large organizations, along with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a competitive and dynamic environment
- Experience with a variety of marketing channels (eg: social media, TV, radio, affiliate)
- Data analytics experience proficiency using SQL or Excel knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a marketing analytics role or at least 3 years of data analysis experience in a marketing organization
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with analytical software tools including any of the following: SQL, SAS, R, or Tableau
- At least 2 years experience leading cross functional team environment and with external agencies and partners
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- 5 years of Project Management experience
- 3 years of People Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).