Manager, Compliance Audit (Consumer)Apply now Job ID R2859 Updated date 11/22/2016 Locations Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
This position, Manager, Compliance Audit, will be responsible for the coordination and execution of consumer compliance related audit efforts. Additionally, as a part of the broader Audit Team, the candidate will also lead or contribute to other audits as determined through audit planning processes. All associates are expected to maintain organizational and professional ethical standards and exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Plan, perform, and lead compliance audits at the enterprise level and/or of diverse and complex regulations and businesses;
- Perform compliance risk assessments of business activities, potential risks exposures, and materiality of loss;
- Design and perform compliance audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes;
- Provide significant input into the development of the annual audit plan;
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery;
- Establish and build working relationships with internal and external management;
- Communicate the results of audit projects to management (written reports/oral presentations); and
- Manage staff during audit engagements and provide feedback on work performed.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One’s governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit’s value proposition.
- You’re a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical know how, so you’ll want to ensure that technology doesn’t scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
In addition, an ideal candidate will have the following: strong knowledge and expertise in consumer laws and regulations; strong communication skills, both verbal and written; and strong problem-solving and logical reasoning skills.
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in audit, at least 5 years of experience in compliance, at least 5 years of experience in regulatory examinations, or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience in a large financial services institution
- At least 2 years of experience managing audit engagements
- Master’s Degree in accounting, business administration, finance or economics
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- 1+ years of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).