Part Time Teller-Westchester-BronxvilleApply now Job ID R2603 Updated date 02/08/2017 Locations Bronxville, New York
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service? Does the idea of working in a fast paced, team oriented environment excite you? Are you looking for a career opportunity at one of the top 10 largest banks in the US? Then we want to talk to you! We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic people to be the face of Capital One to our retail branch customers.
As a Teller at Capital One, you will play a vital role in our customer’s banking experience. You will champion our Service Excellence culture, assisting customers with product, service education and identifying opportunities for referrals to our Relationship Bankers. You will perform a wide variety of transactions including check cashing, deposits, transfers and withdrawals while adhering to established operational policies and procedures. Equally important is the ability to resolve customer inquiries quickly and efficiently, delivering an extraordinary customer experience
- Live the company values of Excellence and Do the Right Thing
- Act as a Customer Advocate
- Take an active role in educating customers on other banking channel options as well as sales and service offerings
- Enable a customer’s needs and goals by identify and referring sales and service opportunities to Relationship Bankers
- Express a genuine greeting to every customer in the lobby, drive through and on the phone; demonstrate warmth, friendliness and give your undivided attention to the customer in every interaction
- Processes quick and flawless transactions within established policy and procedures to ensure operational excellence
- Create customer awareness of additional banking channels, products or programs
- Consistently display mastery of teller transaction and balancing duties
- Adhere to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets
- Consistently demonstrate Service Excellence behaviors in customer interactions and in customer survey feedback
- All other job duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 6 months of Sales experience or at least 6 months of Customer Service experience
- 6 months experience in a customer facing role
- Able to travel between branches in assigned local area
- 1 year experience in a customer service role
- 1 year experience in a sales and service role in a banking environment or 1 year experience in a sales and service role in a retail environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).