Senior Information Security ConsultantApply now Job ID R1623 Updated date 04/13/2017 Locations London, England
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Information Security is an integral part of the corporate culture at Capital One UK. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorised access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
The successful candidate will join the Information Security Office consultancy and architecture function for the Capital One UK Division. The candidate will work to embed a culture that works toward the highest standards in security architecture/engineering whilst ensuring that business requirements are understood and adhered to, and security risks are properly understood and mitigated. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with global Information Security peers and will contribute to the design and drive the implementation of Capital One’s global security program, engineering solutions to support the UK Business.
Working with groups such as Technology Engineering, Technology Operations, and Enterprise Architecture, this position will take a leading role in the development of the security for Capital One UK in relation to key initiatives such as Cloud Computing and Big Data in the backdrop of an increased regulatory landscape within the UK.
- Working with projects to deliver secure, robust solutions that meet our business requirements and customer expectations
- Technical risk assessment and delivering mitigation options
- Supporting the business in establishing and driving remediation plans
- Maintaining a data quality baseline that enables business needs while aligning with enterprise requirements
- Information Assurance Leadership in project consultancy and operational data governance
- Information Assurance Monitoring and Compliance
- Data modelling and effective communication of risks options for mitigation
- Logical Access Management
- Advise stakeholders as appropriate on Information Assurance matters and on the security posture of the businesses and areas requiring management attention or action.
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring of application owners, users and delivery teams
- Set, articulate and safeguard the bar for appropriate compliance assurance and risk management
- Leadership of divisional implementation of Information Architecture as defined within the Enterprise framework
- Assess compliance with, application of and risks to Information Data Management policy and standards.
- Ensure that the information and data management standards comply with changes to regulatory, statutory and legislative requirements within the EU and UK
- Defining and meeting on going service levels with colleagues from the US parent on behalf of the UK division.
- Execution, assessment and remediation of Information Assurance controls
- Ensuring data quality metrics achieve targets and support remediation of identified data quality Issues.
- Lead effective implementation of new Information and Data Management technology and techniques.
- Active leadership in aspects of IT strategy relating to privacy, security and compliance assurance.
- Work with senior stakeholders to ensure that Information Assurance priorities reflect business needs and provide appropriate levels of protection for the business.
- Review and critically appraise market research to identify new tools, technologies and frameworks that could improve security and data governance posture.
- Participate in data governance forums and act as instructor for training
- Participate in the development and delivery of data management strategic programmes
- Engage with vendors and external special interest groups to determine future direction.
- Identify opportunities to add business value through the identification and management of Data risk
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Desirable: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, Data Modelling, data Governance, Data Risk management, ISEB Certificate in Information Security Management Principles
- Practical hands-on experience in security architecture and consultancy
- Information Security
- Cloud Security
- Operational data management and governance
- Big data governance leveraging Hadoop
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Practical experience in some of the following areas:
- ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT, PCI DSS
- Information Assurance frameworks
- Technical risk analysis, assessment and mitigation
- Proficiency in a programming language
- DLP - Data loss prevention
- DPA compliance assurance
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).