Senior Software Engineer, Open SourceApply now Job ID R84472 Updated date 09/18/2019 Location Richmond, Virginia; Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on everything from
customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-
available RESTful services, to back-end Java. We are looking for Engineers with solid experience in
emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, AngularJS, Python, REST, JSON, HTML / HTML5,
relational databases, Chef, Maven, AWS/Cloud Infrastructure, Jenkins, to name a few.
What you’ll do:
● Work on building web-based products that are easy to maintain, build incrementally and boasts
of excellent end user experience.
● Support end-to-end Automation of application delivery, including infrastructure provisioning and
integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using
existing and emerging technologies.
● Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
● Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
● Work within and across Agile teams
● Continuously improve software engineering practices
● Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies,
participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the
● Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box
thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
● Bachelor’s Degree
● At least 1 year of experience with Open Source web technologies (Spring, Flask, Django etc)
● 5 years of experience in software development
● 1 year of experience deploying distributed web applications with AWS
● 1 year of experience with REST/web services
● 1 year of experience with front-end framework (AngularJS, VueJS, React)
● 1 year of experience in RDBMS
● 1 year of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).