Senior Software Engineer - Java | AWS | Spring Boot MicroservicesApply now Job ID R84311 Updated date 11/04/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web apps and backend services, to mobile applications using cutting-edge tools and frameworks.
In this role you will be focused on the build and enhancement of our “Referrals” platform using a mix of Java, Spring frameworks, Relational databases, DevOps frameworks, and an AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
“Referrals” is an enterprise level, robust and scalable platform that is used by different lines of businesses across Capital One in order to on-board new referral programs for their products.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced full-stack software engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced development environment
- You hold a high degree of individual ownership, but are also adept working as part of a team
- You are comfortable balancing the competing demands of rapid iteration and system reliability, scalability, as well as performance
- You love working in a data-driven and customer-first environment
- Design full-stack engineering solutions, write code, test code, and automate testing as well as deployment
- Deliver software components, working in collaboration with product and designs teams
- Participate in the Agile Scrum process, including speaking up and giving your opinion
- Be ready, willing and able to pick up new technologies as well as pitch in on story tasks
- Participate in architecting, deploying and support performant production software on cloud-based infrastructure
- Provide oversight and mentorship to junior engineers on software engineering techniques and technology
Technologies we use:
- Back End Skills: Microservices, RESTful API, Java, Spring, Spring Boot
- DevOps and Platforms: Jenkins, Amazon Web Services
- Automation Testing: Test Cafe, Cucumber, ATDD
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience in Java and J2EE
- At least 3 years of experience with Spring frameworks, Spring Boot, Microservices, and RESTful API’s
- At least 3 years of experience with AWS (Lambda, S3, Kinesis, ECS and RDS (Postgres, MySQL))
- At least 2 years of experience in ATDD, and Cucumber
- 3+ years of experience with RDS and NoSQL databases
- 3+ years of experience with analysis and development of distributed applications
- 3+ years of experience utilizing DevOps tools (Jenkins, Webhooks, Terraform, and Groovy)
- 3+ years of experience Node Js, Golang, or Python
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).