Software EngineerApply now Job ID R84198 Updated date 09/13/2019 Location McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web apps and backend services to mobile applications using cutting-edge tools and frameworks. Join Capital One in an engineering role and shape the next phase of innovation for fintech.
Are you a hands-on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its complex engineering or data challenges? Do you want to be empowered to influence the technology choices to get the job done? Are you the disruptor that pushes the envelope through innovation and new ideas, questioning the why and considering the what if?
We want to speak with you. Check out the roles, responsibilities and apply today!
· Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
· Collaborate in an Agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
· Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
What you would expect to work on here: Object Oriented Languages (Java, C# and Go), Cloud Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps and Serverless), Front End Frameworks (Angular, React, Node.js), Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark, Machine Learning) and Next Generation technologies (AI, Blockchain).
· Bachelor’s degree
· At least 2 years of experience in software development
· 3+ years of experience with Java
· 2+ years of experience with Angular, React, or Node.js
· 1+ years of experience with DevOps tools such as Docker or Jenkins
· 1+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
· 1+ year of experience in a TDD or CI/CD environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).