How To Apply
Pursue a Career, Not Just a Job
At Capital One, the possibilities are endless. Your skills and competencies may allow you to pursue a career path in a particular field or challenge yourself to grow in new areas as we push forward in the industry with innovative ideas. Our philosophy is simple: Hire great people and give them the opportunity to be great.
Search. Apply. Screen. Test.
We have a comprehensive recruiting process in order to maintain a high bar for hiring talent. Throughout the process, you will meet some of the brightest people in the industry, learn more about our culture and values, and feel really good about the possibility of joining a fantastic team and having a great career at Capital One.
Are you interested in joining Capital One? Here’s how to apply:
1) Search Available Jobs:
2) Apply and Complete Your Online Application
When you find a job that matches your interests and skills sets, complete the online application by clicking on “Apply Now.” You can also save the job and apply later by clicking on ‘Add to job cart.’ E-mail the job to a friend or view similar jobs by clicking on the appropriate links at the bottom of the page.
When you click on ‘Apply to this job’ at the bottom of the job description page, you will be required to review the electronic disclosure agreement.
Upload your Resume
Once you check the box that you’ve reviewed the agreement, you will be directed to upload your resume and complete your online profile. Be sure to fill out all required fields.
If requested to, complete the online assessment as soon as possible.
If you don’t find an immediate job match for your skills, we still encourage you to build your profile and upload your resume. You also can set up a saved search to receive e-mail notifications when jobs that match your criteria become available. Search open positions by category, location and/or keywords. When your search results are returned, click the box next to ‘Save this Search’ in the top right corner. You can then elect to receive e-mail notifications that match the criteria in your saved search.
If your experience, skills and interests potentially match a job opening, a recruiter will contact you for an initial telephone screening. A phone screen usually takes between 20–30 minutes and allows us to gain more insight into your background and experience. It’s also an opportunity for you to learn more about the company and the open role. We also consider whether your career goals match with that job—or perhaps a different one. If you’re applying for a job with specific technical skills, you may also participate in a technical screening.
*Assessments may come before screening or afterwards, depending on the role for which you are applying.
All positions will require some level of testing that helps us evaluate your qualifications and potential for success at Capital One. We have identified various assessments that help us predict your fit with different roles at Capital One®. Ours are designed to assess:
- Your work experience
- Your preferred workstyle
- Your ability to solve problems and draw logical conclusions
You will complete a series of tests, starting with online assessments that you can take from the comforts of your home computer or wherever you have Internet access and a quiet place to focus.
- Think about the skills necessary to be effective in the job and practice tasks that will sharpen your skills. For example, if the job entails numerical reasoning to solve business problems, practice numerical calculations.
- Practice questions under time pressure as some of our tests are timed.
- Schedule enough time in your day to take the assessment(s) without any distractions
- Make sure the environment for testing allows you to focus and concentrate on the assessment(s)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, FireFox 2.0 or Safari 2.0 or higher
- Macromedia Flash Plug-in version 7.0 or higher; Active Scripting (or Java Script) enabled
- Active X Controls and plug-ins enabled; Pop-up blockers disabled
- Note: If you do not have the above requirements, the testing system will prompt you to install the required application(s)
After completing the screening process and assessments, you will be notified by a recruiter on your application status and next steps.
If you have visited our website in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102.